Tiraun, 9 Tollymore Road, Newcastle, Co Down, BT33 0JL
Offers in the region of £ 495,000
- For Sale
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Reception Rooms
- Drawing Room, Study, Dining Room, Family Room, Office, Kitchen, Conservatory, Scullery, Utility Room, Larder, Cloakroom, Boot Room, 5 Bedrooms, (3 En Suite), Bathroom.
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Site extending to over 1 acre
Tiraun is one of the outstanding dwellings of Newcastle, located on a very secluded site with views to the Mourne Mountains and over Newcastle. Extending to around 5,000 sq ft the house offers expansive accommodation of the highest quality. Built in 1906, and designed by Vincent Craig who also designed Royal County Down Golf Club, Royal Ulster Yacht Club and Crawfordsburn House, the Arts and Craft style of the property contributes to its uniqueness. The present owners substantially modernised and renovated the dwelling in 1982 and again in 1998 and the high quality of the interior is complimented by the superbly landscaped exterior.
- GROUND FLOOR
- Tiled floor.
- Spacious Entrance Hall with cornice ceiling, plate rail.
DRAWING ROOM:27' 4" x 24' 10" (c. 8.33m x 7.57m)
- (both widest) Fireplace with mahogany and marble surround, marble hearth. Two sets of French windows to garden. Cornice ceiling, picture rail. Six double radiators, telephone point, television point.
STUDY:11' 5" x 12' 4" (c. 3.48m x 3.76m)
- (both max) Fireplace with mahogany surround, tiled inset and hearth. Cornice ceiling, picture rail, television point, double radiator.
DINING ROOM:18' 5" x 14' 10" (c. 5.61m x 4.52m)
- Polished wood floor, fireplace with mahogany surround with brick inset. French windows to garden. Connecting doors to Sitting Room. Double radiator.
- Cornice ceiling, WHB. Separate WC.
FAMILY ROOM:13' 0" x 12' 10" (c. 3.96m x 3.91m)
- French windows to garden. Radiator, television point.
OFFICE:8' 4" x 9' 8" (c. 2.54m x 2.95m)
- Desk unit with storage drawers. Built-in storage cupboards, telephone point, radiator.
KITCHEN:15' 3" x 18' 0" (c. 4.65m x 5.49m)
- Range of high and low level units with oak doors and laminate work surfaces, double bowl sink. Aga stove, four ring gas hob, integrated high level oven, extractor fan and canopy. Plumbed for dishwasher. Part wall tiling, ceramic tiled floor. Integrated fridge. Dresser/display unit, radiator.
SCULLERY:8' 4" x 9' 5" (c. 2.54m x 2.87m)
- Belfast sink, ceramic tiled floor continued from Kitchen.
UTILITY ROOM:19' 2" x 11' 7" (c. 5.84m x 3.53m)
- Range of high and low level units with oak doors and laminate work surfaces, 11/2 bowl stainless steel sink. Plumbed for washing machine, vented for tumble dryer. Ceramic tiled floor continued from Kitchen. Oil fired boiler, radiator.
CONSERVATORY:9' 10" x 13' 8" (c. 3.00m x 4.17m)
- Ceramic tiled floor, radiator.
LARDER:19' 2" x 9' 6" (c. 5.84m x 2.90m)
- Access to Garage.
- White suite comprising shower cubicle with Mira shower, low flush WC, WHB. Ceramic tiled floor, radiator, coat hooks.
- Back Hall with second staircase to first floor.
- Main staircase to first floor.
- FIRST FLOOR
MASTER BEDROOM:18' 6" x 15' 3" (c. 5.64m x 4.65m)
- Fireplace with painted surround, tiled inset and tiled hearth. Picture rail, cornice ceiling, radiator.
EN SUITE BATHROOM & DRESSING ROOM:
- White suite comprising wood panel bath, low flush WC, pedestal WHB. Shower cubicle with Aqualisa thermostat shower. Walk-in wardrobe. Cornice ceiling, wainscoting, radiator.
BEDROOM (2):11' 8" x 12' 11" (c. 3.56m x 3.94m)
- Cornice ceiling, picture rail, radiator.
- White suite comprising wood panel bath, low flush WC. Shower cubicle with Redring electric shower, pedestal WHB. Single radiator, wainscoting.
BEDROOM (3):19' 11" x 15' 6" (c. 6.07m x 4.72m)
- (both max) Cornice ceiling, picture rail, two radiators.
- White suite comprising wood panel bath, low flush WC, pedestal WHB. Shower cubicle with Mira electric shower. Radiator, wainscoting.
BEDROOM (4):14' 1" x 13' 0" (c. 4.29m x 3.96m)
- (both max) Cornice ceiling, picture rail, WHB, radiator.
- White suite comprising wood panel bath, WHB in vanity unit. Shower cubicle with Mira electric shower, low flush WC. Radiator, wainscoting. Airing cupboard.
- Staircase to second floor.
- SECOND FLOOR
BEDROOM (5):14' 1" x 11' 8" (c. 4.29m x 3.56m)
- (both max) WHB in vanity unit, built-in wardrobe.
- Under eaves storage.
GARAGE:13' 0" x 19' 2" (c. 3.96m x 5.84m)
- Power, light, meter board.
- Covered fuel store. Extensive landscaped gardens with mature trees, lawns, shrubs, flowerbeds and patios. Tarmac driveway/parking area.
- These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. None of the statements contained in these particulars are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact and any intending purchaser must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of the statements in these particulars. The vendor does not make or give, and neither James Wilson & Son, nor any person in their employment, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property. No appliances or equipment have been tested. Purchasers should satisfy themselves with regard to such items.