Eastern Lodge, 2 King Street
, BT33 0HD
- Period Residence In Delightful Setting
- Magnificent Mature Site Circa 0.5 Acres Sea & Mountains
- Period Features Throughout
- Five Reception Rooms, Five/ Six Bedrooms, Four En-Suite
- Main Bathroom With Whirlpool Bath
- Rooftop Sun Lounge Opening To Roof Gardens Front & Rear
- Spacious Kitchen With Separate Scullery
King Street, Newcastle
Eastern Lodge is an impressive Seafront Residence dating back to 1871. Enjoying a prime position on the outskirts of this picturesque seaside town with uninterrupted views over Dundrum Bay and backdrop of the Mourne Mountains sweeping down to the sea. Eastern Lodge is a well maintained attractive detached period residence occupying a magnificent mature site of circa 0.5 acres. The property offers spacious well proportioned accommodation complimented by fine architectural features including period features, corniced ceilings, solid pine doors and etched stained glass. Sympathetically extended in 1999 an Otis 8 person lift was installed, which serves all main floors. A rooftop sunroom and rooftop gardens front and rear were added at this time. All windows are double glazed and there is underfloor heating throughout the house, apart from the Belfry. All in all a spacious handsome residence and rarely does the opportunity present itself to acquire a property of this calibre in such a delightful setting. This magnificent property would also lend itself to division into four self contained apartments or potential development for change of use to a boutique hotel, subject to planning. The full potential and value of this exceptional property may only be appreciated on inspection.
- Ground Floor:
- Granite steps to front door. Six panel hardwood door with leaded glass surround.
- Entrance Porch:
- Panelled and glazed inner door and etched glass surround, Victorian tiled flooring. Alarm system.
- Spacious Entrance Hall:
- Original plaster cornice. Glass fronted display unit. Elegant staircase and telephone point.
- Living Room: 22' 6'' x 20' 0'' (6.85m x 6.09m)
- (into bay) Antique white marble fireplace, living flame gas fire, marble hearth. Ornate decorative plaster work.
- Drawing Room: 20' 6'' x 18' 6'' (6.24m x 5.63m)
- Antique marble fireplace with polished hearth, living flame gas fire. Original cornicing.
- Formal Dining Room: 19' 0'' x 15' 0'' (5.79m x 4.57m)
- Antique red marble fireplace, living flame gas fire, polished hearth. Ornate decorative plaster work.
- L shaped with separate wash room, low flush W.C, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor.
- Morning Room: 20' 6'' x 18' 0'' (6.24m x 5.48m)
- Rear Porch:
- Hardwood door, leaded stained glass as at front, spacious rear hall with Otis lift servicing all main floors, tiled floor. Alarm system.
- Kitchen: 23' 9'' x 18' 6'' (7.23m x 5.63m)
- Extensive range of high and low level oak and handpainted units, formica work surfaces, island bar with built in fresh water faucet. Two ring Rayburn oil fired stove, 5 ring gas hob, stainless steel extractor fan and splashback, 'Creda' spilt level oven. Tracked spotlighting and concealed under lighting, tiled floor.
- Separate Scullery: 11' 4'' x 7' 9'' (3.45m x 2.36m)
- Range of high and low level oak units, formica work surfaces, 2 ½ bowl stainless steel sink unit. Plumbed for dishwasher, shelving, partly tiled walls, tiled floor.
- Utility Room & Lobby: 14' 10'' x 11' 6'' (4.52m x 3.50m)
- Flower arranging area, range of high and low level units, formica work surfaces, mixer taps. Partly tiled walls, tiled floor.
- Low flush W.C, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor.
- Storage Room: 16' 0'' x 15' 0'' (4.87m x 4.57m)
- Storage room at present could be adapted to downstairs bedroom. Step leading to tiled floor.
- Basement Cellar:
- Accessed via original steps. Storage room with beam vacuum system, controlled water system, 'Otis' lift control room, power and light. Potential wine cellar.
- First Floor:
- Stairs or lift to first floor. Open landing area. Built in robes, walk in hotpress. Alarm system.
- Master Bedroom: 22' 0'' x 18' 6'' (6.70m x 5.63m)
- Original cornicing.
- En Suite Shower Room:
- Low flush W.C, walk in shower cubicle, built in vanity unit with wash hand basin, heated towel rail, spotlighting.
- Guest Bedroom: 22' 6'' x 20' 6'' (6.85m x 6.24m)
- Marble fireplace, cast iron inset. Shelving.
- En Suite Bathroom:
- Low flush W.C, pedestal wash hand basin, 'Mira' shower, panelled bath, spotlighting.
- Bedroom (3): 15' 0'' x 11' 10'' (4.57m x 3.60m)
- En Suite Bathroom:
- Comprising 'Shires' bathroom suite, low flush W.C, panelled bath, telephone hand shower, dressing unit. Leaded glass door.
- Open Landing Area:
- Luggage Room. Recess spot lighting.
- Coloured bathroom suite with Whirlpool corner bath, low flush W.C, pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel rail. Partly tiled walls, track spotlighting.
- Bedroom (4): 20' 0'' x 14' 0'' (6.09m x 4.26m)
- L shaped room.
- En Suite Shower Room:
- Low flush W.C, pedestal wash hand basin, shower cubicle with 'Groche' electric shower, wall lighting.
- First Floor Lounge: 25' 6'' x 20' 6'' (7.77m x 6.24m)
- Attractive pine mock fireplace with marble inset, marble hearth. Panoramic views overlooking Dundrum Bay.
- Walk-in Linen Cupboard:
- Pressurised water system, shelved.
- Second Floor:
- Bedroom (5): 15' 2'' x 12' 0'' (4.62m x 3.65m)
- Victorian cast iron fireplace.
- Study: 12' 2'' x 8' 9'' (3.71m x 2.66m)
- Walk-in Storage Room:
- Third Floor:
- Stairs or lift to roof top.
- Feature Belfry: 7' 9'' x 7' 6'' (2.36m x 2.28m)
- Rooftop Sun Lounge: 32' 6'' x 13' 0'' (9.90m x 3.96m)
- Feature antique stained leaded glass windows, wood strip flooring, track lighting.
- Front Roof Garden:
- Rooftop gardens front and rear. Enjoying panoramic views over Dundrum Bay to St John's Point and on clear days to the Isle of Man and the Scottish coastline. Water tap.
- Rear Roof Terrace:
- View to the top of the Mourne mountains with South Westerly sun. Water tap.
- Matching Garage: 24' 0'' x 15' 0'' (7.31m x 4.57m)
- Up and over remote controlled doors with separate low flush W.C and pedestal wash hand basin.
- Extended Coach:
- (With potential subject to relevant planning permission) With loft area accessed via staircase and generator house. Potting shed.
- View from roof terrace. Electronic gated entrance. Tarmac driveway, pebbled front garden. Extensive mature slightly elevated walled garden to rear in lawn and comprising mature shrubs, trees etc.
Need some more information?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.