"The Old Rectory", 5 Manse Road
, BT33 0NE
- Sitting Room
- Formal Dining Room/Home Office/Play Room
- Impressive Open Plan Kitchen/Dining Area/Living Area with Utility Room off
- 4 Generous Sized Bedrooms (1 En-Suite Wet Room), Bathroom, Cloakroom
- Wood Pellet Central Heating
- Gas Fired Aga
- Wood and PVC Double Glazed Windows
- Coach house, Glasshouse, Workshop and Stores
- Large Enclosed Walled Garden to Rear
Semi Detached Residence
A fantastic opportunity to acquire a handsome period home and one of the outstanding properties in Dundrum. The generously sized property has undergone extensive renovations and has been extended to provide spacious and bright family accommodation with a wealth of period features. Large rooms in a traditional format along with a modern extension give the property a contemporary feel while the outbuildings offer excellent work space or alternatively could be considered for conversion or studio or holiday accommodation. To the rear there is a large traditional walled garden which comprises a lawn, fruit trees, extensive vegetable garden, and viewing point with breath-taking views of Dundrum Inner bay, Murlough Nature Reserve and the Mourne Mountains.
- Ground Floor
- Entrance Hall:
- Beautiful entrance hallway with wooden panel front door, original tiled floor, cornice ceiling and wood wall panelling.
- Cloakroom off:
- W.C, WHB, tiled floor, part wall panelling.
- Sitting Room: 14' 5'' x 12' 10'' (4.39m x 3.91m) (both widest)
- Stylishly decorated “Snug” sitting room with open fire, granite hearth and surround, cornice ceiling and traditional working shutters. Doors to hall and formal dining room.
- Open Plan Kitchen/Dining Area/Living Area and Utility Room
- Kitchen: 13' 8'' x 12' 8'' (4.16m x 3.86m)
- Hand painted high and low level units with laminate work surface,enamel sink and drainer. Gas fired AGA in addition to Bosch integrated oven with ceramic hob and Bosch integrated dishwasher. Tiled floor, part wall tiling, and recessed lighting. Opening to fully fitted utility area.
- Living Area/Dining Area: 20' 3'' x 19' 4'' (6.17m x 5.89m) (both widest)
- Impressive architecturally designed space with a unique feature glass topped open well in the floor. The room provides a wooden breakfast bar, bright and sunny separate dining area with large windows and door to patio, cast iron wood burning stove, under floor heating, tiled floor and hand built wooden shelving with television recess.
- Utility Area: 6' 8'' x 7' 9'' (2.03m x 2.36m)
- High and low level units with laminate cupboards and work surface, 1½ bowl sink. Plumbed for washing machine, tiled floor, part wall tiling. Half-door to back porch.
- Back Porch:
- Wet boot area with generous built-in storage. Heated, tiled floor.
- Formal Dining Room/Home Office/Play Room: 14' 4'' x 12' 10'' (4.37m x 3.91m) (both widest)
- This bright and sunny room has a beautiful mahogany herringbone parquet floor, cornice ceiling and original window shutters. Doors to sitting room and kitchen.
- First Floor
- Back stairs to Bedroom (1):
- Bedroom (1): 14' 1'' x 14' 5'' (4.29m x 4.39m) (both widest)
- This bright south facing bedroom is at the rear of the property and with its own en-suite facility which makes it ideal guest accommodation. The room benefits from modern décor and underfloor heating.
- En Suite Wet Room:
- Modern en-suite room with under floor heating, comprising W.C, WHB, thermostat shower, heated towel rail. Tiled floor, part wall tiling, exterior window and extractor fan.
- Lower and upper hallways benefit from recessed down-lighters. To first floor: Carpeted staircase with original walnut handrail. The hallway is afforded plenty of light from the large feature window and Velux window.
- Bedroom (2): 14' 4'' x 13' 8'' (4.37m x 4.16m) (both widest)
- Tastefully decorated bedroom with sea views of Dundrum Inner Bay. Built-in cupboard, cornice ceiling, period fireplace and original window shutters.
- Bedroom (3): 14' 5'' x 13' 7'' (4.39m x 4.14m) (both widest)
- Again this room provides views of Dundrum Inner Bay and the Mournes. Built-in cupboard, cornice ceiling, period fireplace and original window shutters.
- Bedroom (4): 11' 11'' x 12' 11'' (3.63m x 3.93m) (both widest)
- Good sized built-in wardrobes, bedside lights and cornice ceiling.
- Bright family bathroom with underfloor heating and heated towel radiator. White suite comprising W.C, “His and Hers” WHB, stylish freestanding bath and separate shower cubicle with thermostat shower. The room further benefits from tiled flooring and part wall tiling.
- Large attic with fully extendable ladder access from upper hallway.
- Front - Paved entrance, small garden planted with French Lavender and with cast iron fencing. Wooden gates providing access to mono block driveway and with small inner gate for additional access. The paved driveway is well maintained and provides adequate parking for at least 2 cars. This area also provides a mature herb garden and an array of summer flowers.
- Coach House, Stores/Workshop and Glasshouse:
- Room (1): Workshop. 13' 7'' x 14' 8'' (4.14m x 4.47m)
- Original cobbled floor and electric lighting.
- Room (2): 12' 1'' x 8' 0'' (3.68m x 2.44m)
- Providing additional family storage, glazed doors and side windows, tiled floor. Door to wood pellet boiler room.
- Room (3): 12' 5'' x 14' 7'' (3.78m x 4.44m)
- Paved access to first or “lower” garden comprising lawn.
- Coach House loft: 41' 0'' x 14' 8'' (12.49m x 4.47m)
- Hot water tank, built-in shelving.
- Cottage House/Store (1): 10' 0'' x 10' 7'' (3.05m x 3.22m)
- Open to Store (2).
- Store (2): 19' 2'' x 10' 6'' (5.84m x 3.20m)
- Stairs to Garden:
- Large enclosed walled garden with sea, mountain and castle views. Lawns, fruit trees and shrubs. Lovely original stone patio viewing area with views of Dundrum Inner Bay, Murlough Nature Reserve and the Mourne Mountains. Extensive vegetable garden and pedestrian access to lane at rear.
- Viewings: By appointment with the agents.
Need some more information?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.